The Advancing Excellence in Long-Term Care Collaborative has expressed its support of AMDA’s recommendation that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) begins keeping a record, by name, of each of the designated medical directors and associate medical directors of the nation’s 15,000 nursing homes.
Additional information and resources:
- Advancing Excellence letter to CMS
- The CMS response to that letter
- Video of Chris Laxton discussing the issue
- Model Medical Director Agreement and Supplemental Materials
- Core Curriculum on Medical Direction in PALTC
- Certified Medical Director Program (ABPLM)