Now Available: COVID-19 Vaccination and Therapeutics in PALTC Toolkit: Resources for Clinicians
About the Complimentary Toolkit:
During a meeting with members of the White House COVID-19 Response Team on October 17, 2022, leaders from healthcare associations across the country were asked to educate their members and stakeholders about the importance, effectiveness and accessibility of the COVID-19 bivalent booster and the therapeutics available to treat those diagnosed with COVID-19. AMDA-The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine partnered with the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists, the Gerontological Advance Practice Nurses Association, the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, and the American Academy of Physician Associates to create this toolkit for clinicians working in post-acute and long-term care settings, treating the most vulnerable of our population.
View a recorded AMDA webinar session, COVID Grand Rounds – Vax & Pax: How to Keep Your Patients Safe This Winter. (vimeo)
Moderator: Sabine von Preyss-Friedman, MD, FACP, CMD – Avalon Health Care Group
- Suzanne Gillespie, MD, RD, CMD – President AMDA-PALTC
- Thomas Tsai, MD, MPH – Senior Policy Advisory for the White House COVID-19 Response Team
- Jennifer M. Orozco, DMSc, PA-C, DFAAPA – President and Chair of the American Academy of PAs
- M. Salman Ashraf, MBBS – Associate Professor, Division of Infectious Diseases, Associate Medical Director, Antimicrobial Stewardship, Associate Medical Director, Infection Control & Epidemiology Program Director, Healthcare Associated Infections and Antimicrobial Resistance – University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- Chad Worz, PharmD – Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP)
- Swati Gaur MD, MBA, CMD, AGSF – Clinical Assistant Professor, Augusta University; Medical Director, Alliant Health Solutions